Interested Magnet students will be participating in Michigan Construction Days on May 3. Student will gain an understanding of what it is like to work on an actual construction site and operate heavy machinery. We will be leaving by bus at 9:30 and return by 1:30. Remember to that students can’t wear open toe shoes for the trip.
If you are a graduating senior this year. You will need to order your cap and gown by April 27. Click the link below to find your size. Cost is $36
Students interested in a career in cosmetology may choose to go on our trip to the Douglass J. Aveada school in Royal Oak on March 21. Transportation will be provided by staff so there is limited space. Please call the counseling office for more information. 313.827.1914
All classes will start one hour later on March 18.
Please note that the end of the card marking for semester 1 is January 26 and the new semester begins September 29 which is a half day.
REVISED Guidelines for Students
Using the Dearborn Public Library during Finals
In the recent past, the library has dealt with inappropriate behavior during the two weeks prior to final exams (January and June). Students have been excessively loud, disrespectful, and destructive, causing considerable stress for both staff and other library patrons. Because of these issues, we are putting new guidelines into effect in an attempt to deter this behavior.
During the period of January 16 – January 26, 2018:
- All students between the ages of 13-17 are required to have either in-building parent/guardian supervision or a parental/guardian-signed agreement that the student will abide by the Library Code of Conduct while in any library building.
- If parent/guardian remains in the building: If a parent/guardian elects to remain in the building, they may supervise up to 4 students. They will be required to sign a form listing the students’ names and agreeing that they are responsible for that group.
- If parent chooses to leave the building: If the parent chooses to leave the building, they will be required to sign a form providing accurate, personal contact information as well as the contact information of an alternate person authorized to pick-up the student if deemed necessary by library staff. Library staff decisions are binding.
- Additionally, all students must show school ID or other valid photo identification upon entering the building. To enforce this, the Library will post staff at the public entrance doors to greet people as they enter the building.
- Children under 13 years of age are not allowed to remain in a library building without direct parental supervision at any time of year.
- Any information collected will not be used for the purpose of creating a library record but, should a disciplinary situation arise, may be shared with law enforcement, school officials, the student’s parents and library staff.
Magnet students will be attending a field trip to the Detroit Institute of Arts on December 14. We will be leaving at 9:30. Students should bring a lunch from home with them or may purchase food from the DIA restaurant.
Dec 1st will be the last day for the second card marking. Continue to push your student to work hard each day. We are in the home stretch for the semester. Please contact me email@example.com if you have any questions or call 313 827 4800 and ask for Mr. Campbell.
Holiday Grams will be sold Dec 4th – Dec 22nd at the Dearborn Heights Campus.
The Dearborn Schools will not have classes November 7 due to voting day. Classes will resume Wednesday the 8th.